How we write

Tom Condit tomcondit at igc.apc.org
Tue Sep 12 17:01:10 MDT 1995

I think that the last few days' posts illustrate the value of
subscribing to the "digest" function on this list rather than
getting the posts individually.  All too much of whatever you can
call this material has been wasted on instant responses to posts
rather than considered replies to substantive questions.

I think Jim J. in particular would be well served to move to the
digest function.  Aside from reducing  the impulsiveness of his
posts, it would let him see what they look like as they appear to
others.  In particular, Jim, your signature block has turned into
some strange garbage.  This is happening with several other
people as well.

Tom Condit