Marxism list

P8475423 at vmsuser.acsu.unsw.EDU.AU P8475423 at vmsuser.acsu.unsw.EDU.AU
Tue Sep 12 14:17:12 MDT 1995

Timothy Burke's recent comment on this list:

|As someone keen to continue thinking about and through marxian theory and
|practice, I find this list in its present state powerfully depressing and
|as damning a statement about the current state of marxism as you could ask
|for.
|
|Time to unsubscribe.

(preceded as it was by Joseph's) has provoked me to finally agree with
the suggestion made some time ago that perhaps the list should be split.
Previous experiences where personal animosities or sectarian rivalries
dominated the list were eventually replaced--or at least strongly
complimented--by a revival of academic discussion. This has not
happened for a month or more now, and I have my doubts that it will
happen.

I think it is time for a marxism-academic list.

Regretfully,
Steve Keen