MAO-MAO OOM-UH MAO MAO

Ralph Dumain rdumain at igc.apc.org
Tue Sep 12 11:55:54 MDT 1995

I am still laughing from Zodiac's post.  I feel for Timothy Burke,
since I did not last three weeks in the postcolonial list.  Now as
for Chris Burford, I am reminded of one of my dearest friends, a
woman who tells me she would never date a psychiatrist, 'cause
they're all crazy.

So let me just quote back Chris's most precious passages:

>I think MIM's ideas might be interesting. At least, as Mao would
>say, we might be inoculated by exposure to them, and they have
>the merit of widening the debate beyond the present Eurocentric,
>or Judaeo-Christian orbit of this list.

I couldn't help but bust out laughing when I read this.

>Ralph is obviously in psychic pain about all this. Of course I
>think he is now in touch with the deepest depths of his
>intolerant Stalinist soul.

I was in psychic pain, I was, but now my abdominal muscles are in
pain from rolling about on the floor laughing my ass off and
kicking my legs in the air after reading this.

I hope you enjoy as much as I have these brilliant insights from a
man who ponders united front action with the Nation of Islam.
Perhaps we should pursue a critical alliance with Farrakhan's
afrocentric UFOs.  Maybe we'll find the Great Helmsman up there
co-piloting with the Hon. Elijah Muhammed.