Farrakhan -Reply

Lisa Rogers EQDOMAIN.EQWQ.LROGERS at email.state.ut.us
Thu Sep 14 14:30:45 MDT 1995

Charlene Mitchell just sent out an analysis linking the Nation's
march to the "Promise Keepers" of the Christian Right in its implicit
male chauvinism.
Do folks agree with that?
--Nathan

I do!  From what I've seen, it's the same damn thing.  I just read
something on the "Promise Keepers", the latest variation in the
Christian "Men's movement".

"Implicit male chauvinism"??  Completely explicit, I'd say.  They go
on about the "rightful" place of a man at the "head" of the family,
"don't ask for your power back, take it back, and woman, give it back
to him."

Hugely vomitous.

Doesn't Farrakhan say much the same crap?  Along with the whole
"traditional values" network?  My impression of the main difference
is that the christian version does not require women to cover their
hair in public, but the islamic version does (isn't Farrakhan
promoting those uniform head drapes?  I think I've seen his female
minions wearing them at his meetings, in news clips.)

How sad it is that F is promoting an allegedly afro-islamic copy of
the christian right, as if putting men in charge at home and making
women "respect" them will solve all "social problems", including
crime and poverty.

Lisa Rogers