Yugo: the Russian dimension

Chris Burford cburford at gn.apc.org
Thu Sep 14 21:36:17 MDT 1995

But if the reorganised Communists are in good heart in Russia,
surely the nationalists must be less of a menace?

I enjoy comparing sources with you, Bryan. Did you catch this
Reuter's report?

"The Russian nationalist Vladimir Zhirinovsky brushed aside critics of his
recent brawl with the MP Yevgeniya Tishkovskaya, in which he ripped
her glasses off and pulled her hair in parliament, saying the incident
would make him more popular than ever with the voters. 'The more scandal,
the more votes,' he said."

Sign of wobble?

Chris B, London