ACTION REPORT: Sept 3 Mass Picke (fwd)

Marc Luzietti mluziett at hawk.depaul.edu
Fri Sep 15 20:02:52 MDT 1995

On Fri, 15 Sep 1995, Louis N Proyect wrote:

> Marc, I apologize. I was just making that stuff up about "Spark". I
> didn't realize there really was something called "Spark". Welcome to the
> list, by the way.
>
> Louis

	Ok, I accept. :) That said, notice I didn't question your
characterization of them as ultralefts. They are an extremely clandestine
organization (secret names, never use the telephone for political work,
etc.), and highly bureaucratized. On the other hand, they are *extremely*
well versed. We were supposed to read at least one book a week, usually
one of the Marxist classics, but sometimes we had to read some major piece
of literature. In the Sparts pamphlet on them, they gave Spark credit for
being the most knowledgable group they had encountered. It was about 80%
workers, since they didn't really try and recruit among students [though
they got some :)].
	Thanks for the welcome, and I wasn't really upset with your
depiction of Spark, since I ain't in it, and don't plan on going back. I
just wanted to set the record straight on them.
	BTW, I enjoy your articles, with Scott's replies of course.

Marcus

	"Behold, they are as one people, and they all have one language;
and this is only the begining of what they will do; and nothing that they
propose to do will now be impossible for them." -- GOD, on solidarity