marx + utopia

Charles K. Mackay ckmackay at postoffice.ptd.net
Fri Sep 15 23:26:44 MDT 1995

>currently doing PhD on relationship between marxism and utopianism.
>any useful information or useful addresses?
>
>Thanks

Definitional issues abound. I would at least scan More's Utopia, read
Anarchy, State, and Utopia by Nozick, and two "anti-utopian" sci-fi
novel: The Stone Dogs and its predecessor, whose title escapes me. All
the definitions of Utopia (or the reverse) are implicit but potentially
enlightening. Might also look at some of Richard Rorty's recent articles
after the fall of the USSR.

Regards,

Charlie