MRTA in Peru.

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Mon Sep 18 15:03:42 MDT 1995

Louis:
What a wonderful, thoughtful reply from a comrade! You know, if I had the
time, I would pursue a project of trying to read everything I could about
the PCP, both pro and con and then file a report to the list. Maybe this
is something you could try, Matt, if school or work don't take up too
much of your time. My mind is by no means made up about PCP, but I would
like to get more information.

Capitalism is a ruthless system which digs up every nook and cranny of
traditional society in order to realize surplus value. It is
unsentimental and has no loyalty except to profit. Marxism as a political
movement should have the same kind of relentlessness, except in the
pursuit of truth rather than profit (by the way, to all the professional
philosophers out there: please don't try to draw me into a discussion
about truth. It's really simple when I refer to the truth, it's just the
opposite of a Reagan press conference. OK?)