laser war

Gonzalez, Francisco GONZALEZ at blue.usa.com
Tue Sep 19 14:45:05 MDT 1995

I think I remember an article in a Reaganite magazines from the 1980's
("Air Force" I believe) describing a "laser" mobile anti-aircraft system
supposedly being developed by the USSR. According to the "CIA sources"
the weapon consisted of two armored tracked vehicles: one housing the
weapon itself and a guidance system, and the other the power source (so
much for Soviet "technological backwardness"!) Needless to say, this
provided the Pentagon with an excuse to ask for more money for Star-Wars
related research and for such ill-fated projects as the "Sgt. York"
mobile twin-gun AA vehicle.

Francisco J. Gonzalez

gonzalez at blue.usa.com