Did I ruffle a few feathers? :)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Sep 21 08:08:08 MDT 1995

At 1:06 AM 9/21/95, jones/bhandari wrote:

>As I look through the short chapters in Ben Seligman's Main Currents in
>Modern Economics, I must say that I am given much hope by the fact that
>Hayek, Schumpeter and Keynes seem to be the best the bourgeoisie can come
>up with.

...meaning, I suppose, that they're not that impressive a trio? Gosh,
Rakesh, these are pretty formidable thinkers. Were Marx writing Theories of
Surplus Value today, each would deserve at least a volume of commentary.
What strikes me is that the bourgeoisie is unable to come up with anyone
*today* who remotely matches this Power Trio in stature.

Doug

--

Doug Henwood
[dhenwood at panix.com]