research topic

BOCOBO at SONOMA.EDU BOCOBO at SONOMA.EDU
Thu Sep 21 14:05:21 MDT 1995

Hi, I'm a student at Sonoma State university in California and I'm doing a
research paper on class consciousness.  My topic is on the commodification of
inner city class consciousness, vis a vis rap songs, movies, etc.  I'm
interested in studying who profits from the selling of this "hip-hop" culture,
and if these profits are invested back into the community i.e. schools, jobs,
health care etc...  I'm searching for any literature that I can use for my
research.  I'd appreciate any suggestions or resources I can get.  Thanks!