Left-Wing Musical Bands

Jamal Hannah jamal at bronze.lcs.mit.edu
Thu Sep 21 16:02:44 MDT 1995

> 	I would suggest listening to the music of a recently de-funked
> band called The Disposable Heroes of Hip-Hoprisy and also reading about
> them in magazines like Maximum Rock and Roll.
> 	Good luck.
>
> 				-- Jeff Booth

Other bands that may appeal to Marxists:

"Marxman" (white hip-hop group from the UK.. hard Marxist)
"The Coup" - Marxist-Leninist-Maoist Revolutionary overtones to this hip-hop
group.
"Digable Planets" (hiphop) - I heard that these guys were political/leftish
"Consolidated" (hiphop) - pretty cool group of white dudes.. like "Disposable
Heroes of Hip-Hopracy",  I believe Consolidated is considered more
ideologicaly "genuine" than "Rage Against the Machine".
"Los Crudos" - political, old-school style punk band that sings in spanish.
"Rage Against the Machine" - you probabaly know about these guys.
"Billy Bragg" - I dont know much about Billy but he seemed to be
really into Marxism-Leninism, judging from some album covers.
"Negativland" - industrial/experimental band.. critiques consumer culture.

 - Jamal H.