Did I ruffle a few feathers? :)

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Fri Sep 22 09:21:57 MDT 1995

On Thu, 21 Sep 1995, Chris M. Sciabarra wrote:

> what minimizes the imperfections.  Let's say planners together like a
> particular technology, and move forward with it at amazing speed (similar
> to the way they did with nuclear energy).  With no insurance and no
> information as to the marketability or consumer accessibility of the
> product, the technology moves forth and could conceivably destroy a
> planet.  What is the mechanism to guard against this kind of potential
> for wholesale planetary destruction?  All I'm saying is that markets tend

Louis:
Chris, you overuse the word planner. It is just too general a category.
In the text above, you could just as easily substitute the word
government. But then you would have to do some class analysis, which
Marxism excels in. Words like bureaucracy, planning, state, market, etc.
when used without situating them in some kind of historical, material and
social setting become rather useless.