Oleachea / strategic offensive of world revolution

hariette spierings hariette at easynet.co.uk
Mon Apr 1 12:48:19 MST 1996

>In a message dated 96-03-26 Adolfo writes:
>
>>What has changed is not the "man eats man/nation eats nation" nature of
>>imperialism, that is a glaring reality for anyone with the barest common
>>sense. What has changed is the stage of the revolution.  We are now in the
>>epoch of the strategic offensive of the world revolution, and that factor is
>>what is compelling the change of form of imperialism.
>
>This point, that we are now in the epoch of the strategic offensive
>of the world revolution, is a point in the line of the PCP that seems
>to be very difficult for people in the emperialist countries to grasp.
>(Or I should say, at least, people in the US, since I haven't heard
>opinions about this from other imperialist countries)  I have tended
>to think that it is because our view of the world and the objective
>and subjective conditions of the masses worldwide is essentially
>hidden from us.
>
>An analogy that occurred to me this weekend, as we were driving
>back from Boston to Detroit, is that it's kind of like how the lights
>of the city block our view of the sky.  Recently people who live
>in the cities had to travel far out to the rural area in order to view
>the comet.  And another distortion caused by the lights of the city
>is that at 5:00 a.m. it sure looked like I was driving into the sunrise,
>coming across southern Ontario.  But I was driving WEST!  The
>earth had not reversed its rotation; I was seeing the lights of Detroit--
>20 miles away, lighting up the whole sky.
>
>This analogy is limited, of course, but I do think that our view
>of the realities of the world situation can be distorted and clouded
>just that drastically by the material comforts and propaganda blitz/
>information suppression we experience living in these imperialist
>metropoles.
>
>Gina/ Detroit

Yes Gina.  This is precisely the point I would like to take for a debate. We
must begin to define the character of the era, both from the point of view
of the development of the capitalist/imperialist system as well as, and
principally, from the point of view of the development of the proletarian
revolution.  Otherwise, all talk of guiding ourselves by the compass of
Marxism is very much in the air if cannot find with it where we are today in
the map of our progress towards the goal of Communism.

Adolfo