Hans as moderator of the Shining Path list?

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Mon Apr 1 19:13:10 MST 1996

On Mon, 1 Apr 1996, Chris Faatz wrote:

> Louis, you know as well as I do the reasons that no one has heard of the
> CLP. They operated semi-clandestinely for years, they were particularly
> effective in the Black and Latino communities, and they have evolved over
> the years into the League of Revolutionaries for a New America (and, no,
> I am not a member).

Louis: Semi-clandestinely? Who were they hiding from? Death squads? What
a joke. League of Revolutionaries for a New America? Look, What in the
fuck is this and who gives a shit.

Chris, you may be into left-wing trivia, but I'm not. I don't have a clue
what this is and neither does anybody outside of a tiny circle of leftists
who study these matters the way Steven Jay Gould studies bugs from the
prehistoric era.