A modicum of civility

Rahul Mahajan rahul at peaches.ph.utexas.edu
Tue Apr 2 10:30:54 MST 1996

Ken Howard:

>d.The debacles of the PKI in Indonesia,the CCP in Phillipines, the
>Naxalites in India, all who followed the "peoples war line" to the
>exclusion of mass work led to the needless slaughter of hundreds of
>thousands if not millions of people.

I'm sure you don't mean it this way, but this sounds like an article I once
read in the Wall Street Journal which somehow implied without saying it
that it was the PKI in Indonesia who slaughtered people. Suharto,
Marcos-Aquino, and Indira Gandhi, and the states they represent, bear the
primary responsibility for the "needless slaughter," correct?

Rahul