I challenge Adolfo to a debate on fascism

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Tue Apr 2 12:17:02 MST 1996

Louis:

I will be filing a series of articles on the subject of Stalin's
complicity in the rise of fascism in Germany and Spain. I will show that
Stalin made one criminal mistake after another from the 1920s until the
outbreak of WWII. People like Olaechea, who support Stalin, are supporting
policies which helped fascism.

The topics I will be covering are:

1) Stalin's "third period"

2) Stalin's Popular Front strategy in Spain

3) Stalin and the outbreak of WWII (treaties with Germany, purge of
generals, etc.)

Olaechea has a big job in front of him defending these policies. He will
be defeated since his speciality is rhetoric rather than history, as is
mine. He has urinated on the floor of this list for weeks now and he
needs to be house-broken like a dog. His nose will be rubbed in his
Stalinist pee and he will learn to behave himself.