Response to Ken's a-d.

Matt D. afn02065 at afn.org
Tue Apr 2 13:20:36 MST 1996

Ken Howard wrote:

>a. A significant section of the PCP on the ground is opposed to the current
>unflinching line of the leadership faction.

Yes, I deny this absolutely.  Accept for a few craven capitulators who have
sold the revolution for the 30 pieces of silver necessary to improve their
prison conditions or buy tickets out of the country, there is no support at
the bases for the counter-revolutionary police fraud of the "peace accords."

>b.The PCP leadership faction has only ever allowed one congress of members
>in 14 years.

Under the conditions of the People's War in Peru, a full Congress cannot but
be an extraordinary event.  Given that there has been no objective develop-
ments that would suggest the need for a substantial revision of the line set
out at the First Congress, what do you think justifies the extreme danger to
the party of convening another?

>c. Homosexuality is considered by the leadership faction of the PCP to be a
>corrupter of youth

What is your source for this?  I've heard this a number of times from enemies
of the Peruvian revolution, but none have been able to cite a credible source.

Is this the position of Queer Nation here in the US?

>d.The debacles of the PKI in Indonesia,the CCP in Phillipines, the
>Naxalites in India, all who followed the "peoples war line" to the
>exclusion of mass work led to the needless slaughter of hundreds of
>thousands if not millions of people.

The PCP does an immense amount of mass work.  Party-related organizations
exist in every sector of society.

When will you ever learn?

-- Matt D.