social origins of PCP

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Apr 2 12:53:47 MST 1996

Perhaps I missed it during my reflexive delete phase, but has there been
any discussion of the social origins of the PCP leadership? Lou mentioned
Adolfo's privileged background; I just read in a Peru anthology that the
founding leadership of the party was drawn from provincial elites. Leaving
aside the possiblity that that's mere fascist disinformation, does anyone
else know anything about this? If true, it would go a long way to
explaining the arrogance and bloodthirstiness of the PCP - they are simply
reproducing, in the style of a Freudian fate neurosis, the characteristics
of the class they profess to hate.

Doug

--

Doug Henwood