A modicum of civility

hariette spierings hariette at easynet.co.uk
Tue Apr 2 13:58:55 MST 1996

>Ken Howard:
>
>>d.The debacles of the PKI in Indonesia,the CCP in Phillipines, the
>>Naxalites in India, all who followed the "peoples war line" to the
>>exclusion of mass work led to the needless slaughter of hundreds of
>>thousands if not millions of people.
>
>I'm sure you don't mean it this way, but this sounds like an article I once
>read in the Wall Street Journal which somehow implied without saying it
>that it was the PKI in Indonesia who slaughtered people. Suharto,
>Marcos-Aquino, and Indira Gandhi, and the states they represent, bear the
>primary responsibility for the "needless slaughter," correct?
>
>Rahul

Ah, but my dear Archbishop:  He does actually want to mean precisely that!

This man receives his "political line" straight from Fujimori and his latest
bout of paid "special reports" appearing in papers such as The Economist
here in Britain, and I am sure, also in the Wall Street Journal, and others
of the same ilk.

What it boils down to is the following:

Fujimori has hit upon the scheme of "peace agreements" (he has even started
mumbling a bit of Chairman Mao himself - Chung-king negotiations and all
that). Inspired by US imperialists anti-insurgency, this scheme is as follows:

1.  To use fabrications around the idea that there is a split in the PCP.
They have engineered a phoney peace call on behalf of "Chairman Gonzalo" -
to whom not even the Red Cross has had access since he supposed ly appeared
in a government video - Jurassic Park technology - calling for peace talks
to "put an end to the People's war.

2.  A handful of Peruvian traitors abroad and some broken souls in the
prisons (350 out of 14,000) have "endorsed the peace agreement", some in
exchange of a few blankets and a bowl of porridge, and some because they
have been systematically tortured.  In fact the dictator himself publically
declared that Gonzalo was subjected to "Psychological maneouvres" by Dr.
Luza, who is the Psycho-warfare expert at the service of Vladimiro
Montesinos, the CIA trained National Security adviser of Fujimori) have -
supported under the table by Bobby Avakian and his mignons, attempted to
make this charade fly.

3.  They propose to hold a "II Congress" inside the jails! and under the
supervision of the regime's security apparatus, with the object of
surrendering the People's War.  They really think that the people of Peru
and the revolutionaries of the world are total idiots!  Bobby Avakian is
certainly one of them!

4.  Contrary to the claims of the dictatorship and their voluntary or
involuntary mouthpieces such as Ken - who probably just parrots what he
reads in the financial press and can tell a "Special supplement" from actual
economic data and information - which is how the bouregeois economist press
is useful for Marxists - Chairman Gonzalo himself is not part of this
charade, as proven by the fact that despite our challenges to prove their
unwarranted assertions - now for more than 3 years - the regime still keeps
him in total isolation, and not even the Red Cross is allowed to see him or
talk to him.  If Chairman Gonzalo was in any way behind this "peace
agreement" as Fujimori - and Ken - claim, would not you then let him
campaign for his points of view openly and in a way that he could be most
effective for your aims?

Finally, have you ever heard of the Paris Commune? Apparently Ken's idea is
to accuse the Communards as bloody Naxalite-Shining Path Maoists for having
dared to rebel and led to "the needless slaughter of hundreds of thousands".

We haven't lost the war yet, and we are not going to!  So, Ken (Maybe
related to KENjo Fujimori?) surely does not all that much deserve your
Grace's absolution, me thinks!  I have already condemned him to the awful
death of a thousand "delete keys".

Adolfo