A modicum of civility

hariette spierings hariette at easynet.co.uk
Wed Apr 3 04:16:00 MST 1996

>>>Ken Howard:

>>>I'm sure you don't mean it this way, but this sounds like an article I once
>>>read in the Wall Street Journal which somehow implied without saying it
>>>that it was the PKI in Indonesia who slaughtered people. Suharto,
>>>Marcos-Aquino, and Indira Gandhi, and the states they represent, bear the
>>>primary responsibility for the "needless slaughter," correct?
>>>
>>>Rahul
>>>

>>Ah, but my dear Archbishop:  He does actually want to mean precisely that!
>>
>>This man receives his "political line" straight from Fujimori and his latest
>>bout of paid "special reports" appearing in papers such as The Economist
>>here in Britain, and I am sure, also in the Wall Street Journal, and others
>>of the same ilk.
>>
>>What it boils down to is the following:
>>
>>Fujimori has hit upon the scheme of "peace agreements" (he has even started
>>mumbling a bit of Chairman Mao himself - Chung-king negotiations and all
>>that). Inspired by US imperialists anti-insurgency, this scheme is as follows:
>>
>>1.  To use fabrications around the idea that there is a split in the PCP.
>>They have engineered a phoney peace call on behalf of "Chairman Gonzalo" -
>>to whom not even the Red Cross has had access since he supposed ly appeared
>>in a government video - Jurassic Park technology - calling for peace talks
>>to "put an end to the People's war.
>2.  A handful of Peruvian traitors abroad and some broken souls in the
>>prisons (350 out of 14,000) have "endorsed the peace agreement", some in
>>exchange of a few blankets and a bowl of porridge, and some because they
>>have been systematically tortured.  In fact the dictator himself publically
>>declared that Gonzalo was subjected to "Psychological maneouvres" by Dr.
>>Luza, who is the Psycho-warfare expert at the service of Vladimiro
>>Montesinos, the CIA trained National Security adviser of Fujimori) have -
>>supported under the table by Bobby Avakian and his mignons, attempted to
>>make this charade fly.
>>
>>3.  They propose to hold a "II Congress" inside the jails! and under the
>>supervision of the regime's security apparatus, with the object of
>>surrendering the People's War.  They really think that the people of Peru
>>and the revolutionaries of the world are total idiots!  Bobby Avakian is
>>certainly one of them!
>>
>>4.  Contrary to the claims of the dictatorship and their voluntary or
>>involuntary mouthpieces such as Ken - who probably just parrots what he
>>reads in the financial press and can tell a "Special supplement" from actual
>>economic data and information - which is how the bouregeois economist press
>>is useful for Marxists - Chairman Gonzalo himself is not part of this
>>charade, as proven by the fact that despite our challenges to prove their
>>unwarranted assertions - now for more than 3 years - the regime still keeps
>>him in total isolation, and not even the Red Cross is allowed to see him or
> [...]

SUSPEND THE EXECUTION!

Ken deserves at least a temporary reprieve from the "death of a thousand
delete keys".

He gives us precise confirmation of what AVAKIAN and his gang of Fujimori
agents are doing.  Yes that is what Avakian's magazine A World To Win says.
Not the PCP, or Sol Peru, El Diario or New Flag or any of the real
components of the REVOLUTIONARY INTERNATIONALIST MOVEMENT.  So Ken is got
his info wrong, confuses the "publi-reportages" paid for the Fujimori regime
with factual information and now the Fujimori sponsored propaganda in the
crypto/trotskyst and phoney Maoist Avakian gang as the line of the PCP.

What he has just done, if a sincere misunderstanding, proves the contention
that Avakian is in fact serving reaction as a dis-information tool of US
imperialism.

Adolfo