Beef = Cancer. More sources on this?

Rahul Mahajan rahul at peaches.ph.utexas.edu
Sat Apr 6 11:22:20 MST 1996

>On Sat, 6 Apr 1996, Rahul Mahajan wrote:
>

>> Anyone who reads Rifkin should read Stephen Jay Gould's review of his work
>> in *An Urchin in the Storm* (essay #17), which does a good job of exposing
>> his fundamental dishonesty.
>>

>Louis: His dishonesty in terms of the information he provides, or his
>analysis?

Primarily how he misrepresents and caricatures the views of those he
perceives as his opponents, in this case principally biologists. I think
it's important to see how he does this, though, because it shows that
basically he will twist everything to fit his little paradigm. It may be
that his facts are essentially reliable, but one should keep his basic
attitudes in mind.

Rahul