two questions

Jon Beasley-Murray jpb8 at acpub.duke.edu
Wed Apr 10 10:27:03 MDT 1996

[these are not rhetorical; nor are there prizes for answers; I really
would just like to know]

i. In what exact circumstances did Jim Callaghan say "Crisis?  What
crisis?"  I think it was as chancellor, coming back from an international
conference, but before he went to the IMF and before he devalued
sterling.  True?  Can anyone fill me in a little more?

ii. What did Ernesto Laclau do in Argentina and when?  I think I read
somewhere that he edited a Labour newspaper in the 60s, but I can't find
any more information or confirmation of this.

Take care and thanks

Jon

Jon Beasley-Murray
Literature Program