VIRILE PARTY VS. DECADENT GAYS

SCOTT R MCLEMEE MCLEMEE at mail.loc.gov
Wed Apr 10 15:42:16 MDT 1996

               I'm really glad not  to have unsubbed from Marxism 1.  Where
          else could I  have learned that gays are overwhelmingly bourgeois
          and petit-bourgeois,  and  so  no  concern  to  good  proletarian
          revolutionaries of the sort who instruct us here?

               Of  course,  that  means  it  is  kind  of puzzling why  the
          Bolsheviks  abolished  laws  against homosexuality.   Unless,  of
          course, the Bolsheviks were petit bourgeois . . . .  I guess that
          means it was  a good thing Stalin came along to wipe them out  --
          and to recriminalize the perverts, for good measure.

               The superficial resemblance between such policies and  those
          of the extreme right wing is, no doubt, purely coincidental.

          Scott McLemee    mclemee at mail.loc.gov