Reply to Rahul Mahajan's...Intellectuals and Populace

Carrol Cox cbcox at rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu
Sat Apr 13 09:14:08 MDT 1996

    I'm interested in the general topic, since I sort of began it by a
comment on the democratic use of jargon, which Rahul accused of being
a totalitarian attack on free thought.

    As to Alvin Gouldner--I don't know. I wouldn't read him without
some more detailed reasons given on why he is interesting or important.
    Carrol