MAL: Re: Sex: What do communists stand for?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Apr 14 09:36:45 MDT 1996

At 12:53 AM 4/14/96, hariette spierings wrote:

>>Talk about totally self-serving, bourgeois mentality.  Asserting the
>>right to "fuck", with no mention of any regard for the other person
>>who necessarily has to be involved in a "fuck".  Sorry, guys, there's
>>nothing proletarian about this shit, and for the victims and potential
>>victims of your "right to fuck" mentality, nothing funny either.
>>
>>Gina/ Detroit
>>

>Very pertinent Gina's comments.  Evidently the "pimp mentality" and the
>"right to sexually exploit" advocates who have taken with their "jolly old
>boys comments" to the list on this issue, have nothing in common with
>proletarian outlook, rather, theirs is the "mercenary soldier" of
>imperialism credo.  Why take part in a war if you cannot loot and rape to
>your hearts content.  That is the meaning of their "struggle for survival".
>You ask any soldier of fortune, and he will roll out the same bloody
>excuses:  "struggle for survival"!
>
>It is all now coming out in the washing!  Sexual imperialism and sexual
>fascism, masquerading as "liberation"!.

How cretinous (and, as US Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia pointed out
- proudly! - the other day, cretin comes from the French word for
Christian; Scalia's point was that religious people who believe in miracles
[like him] must be willing to take the barbs of secular intellectuals, and
be a fool for Christ; here we have fools for Stalin). Imperialism? Fascism?
Who said anything about no regard about the other person involved in a
fuck? Last time I checked, lots of people enjoyed fucking, in twos, threes,
and more - lots of them women even! Sometimes even women fucking other
women and with both (or more) of them enjoying it. How much your average
Stalinist seems to have in common with your average Bible-thumper!

Doug

--

Doug Henwood
Left Business Observer