MAL: Re: Sex: What do communists stand for?

Charlotte Kates ckates at mosquito.com
Sun Apr 14 13:37:51 MDT 1996

At 11:36 AM 4/14/96 -0400, you wrote:
>How cretinous (and, as US Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia pointed out
>- proudly! - the other day, cretin comes from the French word for
>Christian; Scalia's point was that religious people who believe in miracles
>[like him] must be willing to take the barbs of secular intellectuals, and
>be a fool for Christ; here we have fools for Stalin). Imperialism? Fascism?
>Who said anything about no regard about the other person involved in a
>fuck? Last time I checked, lots of people enjoyed fucking, in twos, threes,
>and more - lots of them women even! Sometimes even women fucking other
>women and with both (or more) of them enjoying it. How much your average
>Stalinist seems to have in common with your average Bible-thumper!
>
>Doug
>
>--
>
>Doug Henwood
>Left Business Observer
>250 W 85 St
>New York NY 10024-3217
>USA
>+1-212-874-4020 voice
>+1-212-874-3137 fax
>email: <dhenwood at panix.com>
>web: <http://www.panix.com/~dhenwood/LBO_home.html>

Not this particular Stalinist or close-to-it. I am in disagreement with
Adolfo and Gina on this issue. I think that there is nothing inherently
exploitative about sex, and nothing wrong with enjoying sex. I greatly enjoy
sex and understand not why I as a woman would be expected not to enjoy it.
It's fun and loving and a whole lot of other wonderful things. I have always
felt respected by men with whom I have engaged in sexual relations. This
being nothing against gays and lesbians, I simply happen to be heterosexual.
There is nothing wrong with liking and desiring sex with whomever one
pleases, or more than one whomever. There is nothing anti-revolutionary,
imperialist, or fascist about pleasure and desire. I have great respect for
both Adolfo and Gina, but on this issue I must disagree. Comradely, charlotte

	    ++++ stop the execution of Mumia Abu-Jamal ++++
     ++++ if you agree copy these 3 sentences in your own sig ++++
   ++++ more info:http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm++++