China

Brian Carnell briand at carnell.com
Mon Apr 15 20:07:35 MDT 1996

At 09:21 PM 4/12/96 +1000, Ken Howard wrote:
>>At 8:34 PM 4/11/96, Rubyg580 at aol.com wrote:

>>This isn't really an explanation. Did the Chinese revolution depend
>>entirely on Mao, and once he was gone, the capitalist roaders took power?
>>Is that a serious social analysis in the Marxian tradition? What happened
>>in Chinese society that led to this reversal? Is it just a matter of a
>>handful of gerontocrats turning their back on Mao Zedong thought?
>>
>>Doug

What's interesting in my mind is not how this change occurred, but how
successful it's been.  China's been experiencing economic growth of about 10
percent a year, and according to many economists could maintain a 7 percent
growth rate per year well into the next decade.

Brian Carnell		http://www.net-link.net/~briand/home.html
briand at carnell.com