PERU: The Return of "Sendero"

Luis Quispe lquispe at blythe.org
Mon Apr 22 00:26:12 MDT 1996

> Yes, yes Mr. B. My name is Luis, I am the opposite of the "kind and
gentle" Amerikan that George Bush used to talk...maybe Red Peruvians
are tougher. Well, the little I know on Colombia: There are 2
relevant groups in the Armed struggle there, the largest FARC (Cubanist &
Castroid), and the ELN (a crude Maoism). Both well trained and armed suffer
>from ideological shortcomings, especially a weak strategy. That's why their
position shift from revolution to electoralism (seeking peace talks.)
The one that has ties with the MRTA was M-19, they capitualted long ago.
In Ecuador, the PCP helped ideologically (for a time) Sol Rojo, but there was
a period in which they were left to develop themselves with a relative
independence, there is when they sank into capitulation, and they did it
publicly.