A deal with who?

Luis Quispe lquispe at blythe.org
Thu Apr 25 20:14:39 MDT 1996

> Comrade Gonzalo wrote:
> >
> >So for me all this jabbering about talks is nothing, I repeat,
> >but looking for a way to undermine the people's war, because
> >it doesn't correspond to reality.  When the time comes, the
> >people's war will necesarily have to undertake diplomatic
> >dealings.  But our diplomacy will be aimed at seizing
> >Power countrywide, fully and completly.  We don't want a
> >North Vietnam and a South Vietnam, we don't want a North
> >Korea and a South Korea.  We don't want a North Peru and
> >a South Peru, we want only one Peru.  This is our condition:
> >full, complete and absolute surrender.  Are they ready for
> >that?  No.  What they are plotting is our destruction, and
> >so talks are nothing but a part of that same plan despite all
> >their demagogic and philistine cackling.
>

> The above i assume means that Comrade G. is prepared to make a deal with the
> Peruvian bourgeoisie! If he gets the countryside and peru does not become a
> north and south OK.
Luis:  Not at all. He is saying that if the big bourgeoisie wants
"negotiation," the PCP is willing to negotiate their complete surrender, not
a partial one. As in any revolution, the old State accumulate forces in the
city, which will be at the end the last fortress of the reactionaries,
in the situation of Strategic equilibrium, can the PCP negotiate? No.
Because that would mean a split of the country (the countryside, about 1/3
in control of the People's Committees) and the cities in relative control
of reaction. So, at this stage, negotiations do not proceed. The balance
of power has to shift to the PCP in an strategic offenosive to undergo
negotiation with the enemy , which in the diplomatic table, will reflect the
situation in the battle field. It means the absolute and complete surrunder
of the Armed Forces (the backbone of the old State.)

 But what does this have to do with class struggle.If a
> peace is neccessary, it would have to be along the lines of Lenins and
> Trotsky,s peace deal with the Germans, preventing any outside intervention
> if the Peruvian proletariat and the peasantry were to seize power. That
> would be legitimate. But making deals with the Peruvian class enemies is a
> betrayal and Gonzalo the main spokesman for sticking a knife into the back
> of a victorious seizure of power in Peru..

You are missing the point here. You began by a wrong assumption that I
clarified before, and obviously arrived to a wrong conclusion. The threat
of massive U.S. military intervention is a reality, it eventually will take
place (directly or indirectly through bordering countries using the UN or
OAS charade), but that's not reason to cut deals with imperialism. In these
circunstances the situation of the war will change into a National
Liberation struggle, the National Liberation Front led by the PCP will be
broadened. The PCP Document "Let the Strategic Equilibriun Rock
the Country" explains in detail these possibilities [for our readers, we
will put it in the PCP Web page shortly.] Malecki, I'll be glad to
send you a copy so you can understand better this issue. Chairman Gonzalo
is the main architect of the PCP, he would never capitulate to the enemy.
The intelligence forces falsify his views, even fabricate "peace letters"
which were denounced by the PCP as counterrevolutinaries hoaxes.
That's why important to study the documents which is at your disposal
in the web page http://www.blythe.org/peru-pcp
First investigate, then talk. Comrades may be posting partial quotes,
it is neccesary in what context President Gonzalo is being quoted.

> Once again i say to the Peruvian fighters on the ground. Watch it, your
> leadership will make a deal with your class enemies..
Dont' worry Malecki, take a good sleep. The PCP leadership is
strong as a steel, they are ingrained in the masses because they
were forged as leaders in the class struggle of the masses. Leaders
can be captured partially never totalyl, but while there is one
single Communist left in the Party, the struggle will continue.

Viva el Presidente Gonzalo.
Victory to the People's War.
Luis in exile.