Reply to: Re: Capitalist collectivizatio

boddhisatva kbevans at panix.com
Mon Apr 29 03:45:57 MDT 1996

		Rahul,

	So you don't like syndicalism and you believe the crap about
capitalism's being the only way to get "little tiger" style development.  As
for pegging your currency to the dollar, that is simply instituting an
artificial exchange rate, and essentially accepting dollars as your own
currency by default.   If, every time someone goes to a country's bank with
dollars and gets your dollars back, and , most importantly, gets dollars when
they turn in your currency, your currency is pegged to the dollar.

	Import substitute economies have proved slow to nearly hopeless in
bringing about development while value-added export economies have proved,
and are proving, successful.  It's not that I haven't read the history, it's
just that I disagree with your interpretation.

	Of course the same thing is true of the archives and your charge of
jingoism.

	peace