Diane and moderators

Karl Carlile joseph at indigo.ie
Thu Aug 1 10:34:54 MDT 1996

>From owner-spoon-administration  Tue Jul 30 20:57:19 1996
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 19:57:07 -0500 (CDT)
From: sophist at utarlg.uta.edu
Subject: victor>>Re: from Diane -Reply
To: spoon-administration
<spoon-administration at jefferson.village.Virginia.EDU>,
        spoon-arch at jefferson.village.Virginia.EDU
Sender: owner-spoon-administration at jefferson.village.Virginia.EDU

It's toooooo bad that diane's post got fwded by KC to the whole m1.
KC is
clearly a fool of the worst kind for fwding it, and yet there can be
no
public/private split on m1, can there be?

Diane was overly naive. That's too bad for her and for the Foucault,
M1,
and spoon-arch/admin lists. It's going to take some time for me to
get
that across to her. If it's even worth the energy!

I understood Malgosia's response to ddd's post as, in M's words, a
"rant." Which is cool. I have no problems with that position of
speaking.
We--and especially M--should get to do that from time to time.

I am not "ranting" now!

However, to use ddd's naive (inexperienced) position as leverage to
think
about KC seems ... is ... unacceptable. KC, in my view of this
rediculous
situation, has done enough to be expelled. And yet, to expell him is
only
going to feed the paranoia that goes with a M1 list. It's the very
nature
of the M1 list to be paranoid!! My gods, is it not obvious. Stop and
read
the posts, that is those, other than KC's or responses to him. The
name of
the game on M1 is ... *THEY are going to get us!* Marx and his texts,
as
much as Freud and Nietzsche and their texts, attract such types! Or,
perhaps better put, attracts the uncanniness/the stranger knowing at
the
door in all of us.  This is not to say, by any means at all, that
these
texts are not of the utmost importance and that blah, blah, blah.

My sense is that KC should be totally toaded! But that sense is
stupid
because to toad him will be to continue the cycle. Do we enjoy this
cycle?

Earlier we were talking about a group of people on the M1 list who
were a
problem and ... well, what should we do with them?

Now, we have shifted ever so subtly to one person, KC, and seemingly
we
are talking about, once ever again, about dumping M1. Which is
precisely what that asshole KC is predicting! and DESIRES. and needs.

Therefore, why don't we take a shit and flush and get off the pot.
And
live with the outcome ... whatever that might be. And stop these
half-measures.

Disjunctively, let's decide tomorrow: Whether or not KC goes or
stays,
and leave it at that. And decide tomorrow: Whether or not KC and M1
both
go and leave it at that.

Whatever the mechanism is here for spoons, let enact it! If it's done
by
fiat, so be it. If it's done by whoever gets to vote, let's do it.
Yes,
let's decide yea/nay to get rid of Mr.Bungle person and/or list, and
if
we bungle it, live with it. And then get on with what we do.

Let's don't obsess-cum-abscess like KC!

Either we let them all be and die of banality and boredumb or pull
the plug!
Let's have a vote on that prop tomorrow.

Someone want to second this e-motion?

Victor

                              Yours etc.,
                                         Karl