Russian imperialism

ROSSERJB at jmu.edu ROSSERJB at jmu.edu
Fri Aug 2 15:17:24 MDT 1996

Rahul,
     I have sent another posting already mentioning
the Guatemala example before your posting.  I
specifically did not mention Guatemala in the original
posting because it held in that case.  A lot of people
have, however, had a tendency to think that because it
happened in that case, therefore it was what was going
on in El Salvador and Nicaragua.  Although our guy
Louis P. ridiculed my remarks in general, I did not see
him arguing that US intervention in El Salvador and
Nicaragua was a "robotlike response to the demands of
United Fruit," and I think that he is well informed
enough not to say something so patently silly.
Barkley Rosser