Bourgeoisified workers

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Mon Aug 5 17:52:59 MDT 1996

On Mon, 5 Aug 1996, Hugh Rodwell wrote:

> Just tell me what Lenin and Trotsky did when they quoted Marx and Engels
> that ordinary mortal comrades can't try to emulate?

Louis: I hate to break the news to you, Hugh old stick, but Lenin and
Trotsky had solid records of accomplishment in leading thousands and then
millions in the mass movement. Trotsky-ists, on the other hand, are no
good at leading the masses but plenty good at quote-mongering. You should
seriously reconsider reversing your priorities.