QUT Links with Indonesia

Gary MacLennan g.maclennan at qut.edu.au
Mon Aug 5 21:29:26 MDT 1996

Comrades

I have just received this through the internal mail of my univeristy, which
boasts proudly about being "a university for the real world."  I thought it
extremely ironic that when we are about to discuss the actions of the
murderous Suharto reigme, the academy here is anxious to get in there an
pick up the crumbs from the tables of the glutted dictatorship.

At times like this I can well understand the hatred of non-academics for
those of us who live and work in academe.

Regards

Gary