Wall Street on Peru

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Thu Aug 8 10:51:49 MDT 1996

On Thu, 8 Aug 1996, Doug Henwood wrote:

> I'm no lawyer, but under the new U.S. "antiterrorism" law, "support" for
> PCP/SL may be a criminal offense. How to define support is a problem, but
> people have said that CISPES and ANC-solidarity groups would have been a
> felonious conspiracy had the law been effect during the 1980s.

Louis: Boy, if there ever was a law worth challenging, this is it. The
last time I had the feds breathing down my back was in 1987 when the FBI
started investigating Tecnica for running high technology out of Nicaragua
to Cuba into the USSR. There's nothing I love better than confronting
imperialism. You'll never find me quoting Comrade Gonzalo, but don't be
surprised if down the road you find passing out leaflets calling for NO US
AID TO FUJIMORO.