Fighting the Terrorism Law. Was Re: Wall Street on Peru

hariette spierings hariette at easynet.co.uk
Thu Aug 8 17:03:11 MDT 1996

>    Zeynep was just saying a day or so ago that activists in the imperialist
>homelands might soon be subjected to "low intensity conflict," and the
>possible use of the new "antiterrorism" law Doug mentions below would
>certainly be close to an instance of such.
>
>    I think that solidarity groups are and have been too important to
>the left to back down though; as weak and divided as we now are, I
>think such use of the antiterrorism law would have to be fought by
>deliberately violating it. We need to discuss thoroughly the gritty
>details in advance.
>
>    Along these lines, what does anyone on this list know about the
>resistance movement (called "Tigers"?) in Tamil? Are they a movement
>we should be supporting?
>    Carrol

Well Carroll, yes.  The struggle of the Tamil people certainly merits
support too.  Committee Sol Peru in London has on many occassions
participated in the marches of Tamil solidarity and spoken from their
platforms too to bring closer unity of all anti-imperialist struggles.

Yes too to the question of the so-called anti-terrorism laws.  They must be
fought and defied outright, whatever the consequences, otherwise fascism
will advance.  That is the sense of what we speak of as United Front against
New Fascism.  To make headway in that direction, you must defend the most
radical of these struggles which the imperialist are today labelling as
"terrorism", i.e. The People's War in Peru as a Marxist led revolution!  The
defence of the Peruvian revolution must be indissolubly linked to the
defence of Marxism, otherwise, fascism will triumph in that field too.  That
is why we have been arguing so hard in this direction!

Adolfo