Shelley hangs Rodwell - And "ROZYMANDIAS" gets his stiff upper lip in a flapper!

hariette spierings hariette at easynet.co.uk
Sun Aug 11 07:41:15 MDT 1996

Re: Shelley hangs Rodwell - And "ROZYMANDIAS" gets his stiff upper lip in a
flapper!

>Adolfo goes poetical in his last, and creates an iambic pentameter so
>broken-backed Bottom ('I will roar you as 'twere any nightingale') would
>have been proud of it:
>
>>>        "My name is Hugh Rodweel Trotsky, Fool of Fools:
>
>11 syllables, and dig the rhythmic variation in mid-line!
>
>>>        Look on my lack of works, ye proletariat, and laugh!"
>
>14 syllables!
>
>>>        Nothing was ever done but emit gases of decay
>
>13 syllables -- and a limper limping 'pentameter' I've yet to see.
>
>>>        Of that colossal Trotskyst revolution, boundless and bare,
>
>15 syllables, and Adolfo's record in just five lines. Shelley would have
>been proud.

Yeah, ROZYMANDIAS RODWELL - you are hereby appointed poetry critic supreme!
May your forecoming statue, showing your heroic demeanour bestride the stage
of history grasping the Rozymandias Rose in the role of the "King of
Eunuchs" grace forever the Trotskyst Pantheon, and the "Malecki-Bolshevik"
Olympus!

Adolfo - from Shepherd Bush - not Clapham.