Voting. Was Air your views... godena's support for election

Richard Bos Richard.Bos at hagcott.meganet.co.uk
Sun Aug 11 15:32:22 MDT 1996

Dear all,

It is nice that Jim Cain feels Abel to call me Comrade when he doesn't
call anyone else that. Maybe he is being very subtle and ironic. It is
wonderful that he takes such a great interest in such a puny and
insignificant organisation as mine.

Anyway, I think that Nick seems to confirm what I said about not
deserting our friends in the Labour Party. It is very easy to stand on
the outside throwing stones, and accusing everyone of being a "Blairite",
but it doesn't get you anywhere.

The Left in this country, as in any other, needs to work together to
achieve realistic aims, and there is no way that we can do that taking
Leftier-than-thou attitudes. If we really care, then Marxist politics has
be be more than playing games. We have to fight the battles that we can
win, when we can win them, and not sit in our cosy back room feeling smug
and superior to the rest of the world. I have seen the sad characters who
stand outside other peoples meetings calling on the people inside to do
this, that, or the other, while the real world passes them by. I am
involved in politics to make a better future for my kids, and I don't
have time to piss about with petty ultra-leftist sectarian squabbles.

--
Best wishes,

Richard.