Proyect & Henwood caught with pants down again

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Aug 13 15:56:22 MDT 1996

At 12:44 PM 8/13/96, Maoist Internationalist Movement wrote:

>We didn't invent it; we have posted several quotes from Marx
>which expose your labor aristocracy politics mercilessly. None but
>MIM is applying the definition of semi-proletariat and none but
>MIM pointed out what Marx said about journalists not being workers.

A worker sells labor power to a capitalist, who makes money off his/her
uncompensated labor. Journalists may have a bad ideological role, but they
*are* workers, as long as they fit that definition. Michael Kinsley, who
was making about $250,000/yr at CNN doing Crossfire and probably makes much
more than that editing Slate for Bill Gates, is not a worker, though.

Doug

--

Doug Henwood
Left Business Observer