Reply to Nick's partner about talking to peo

NICK.HOLDEN at geo2.poptel.org.uk NICK.HOLDEN at geo2.poptel.org.uk
Thu Aug 15 16:19:58 MDT 1996

> Kate,
>
> You have to same line as Nick is ironic use of "err ..." I wonder which of
> you first developed this discussion tactic.

I confess. It was him.

> You think that I don't want to talk to Nick because he's not a
> Marxist-Leninist. In fact, I seem to have spent quite a lot of time of
late
> speaking with him. I made one point, and one point only, in response to
his
> saying I'd told him he should leave the Labour Party and joined the CAG -
> pointed out that he should *not* since he is not a Marxist-Leninist, and
only
> the CAG (and the sort of Communist Party the CAG wants to see created) is
for
> Marxist-Leninists.

I would have thought that generally speaking, you would wish to persuade
members of the working class to break their illusions in the Labour Party,
and join the "Marxist-Leninist" cause. If that is the case, it seems a bit
mean to exclude Nick from the process and make him stay in the Labour Party
all by himself.

> Talk to him - of course. Let him join (hardly a big issue since he doesn't
> want to) - not unless he becomes a Marxist-Leninist.

Well, I'm glad you cleared that one up for me.

Perhaps you would be so kind as to tell me what it is (in more general
terms, not just about the Labour Party) that has convinced you that he isn't
a Marxist-Leninist. You never know, I at least, might agree with you!

Kate