Reply to: Re: Communists & Labour

Adam Rose adam at pmel.com
Fri Aug 16 03:26:32 MDT 1996

Jon Flanders writes:

>   The only question I have is this. Why is being in the Labour Party an either
> or situation? Don't marxist groups have members in and a presence outside
> Labour at the same time?

I think it is impossible on a purely practical level for an open revolutionary
tendency to operate in the Labour Party in Britain today. You just get expelled.
This is why Militant left. If you're very small, or very quiet, you can get away
with it. But otherwise, it's impossible, just on a practical level.

To be honest, it's not very easy for left wing reformists either.

Adam.

Adam Rose
SWP
Manchester