Monthly Review

Adam Rose adam at pmel.com
Fri Aug 16 03:32:33 MDT 1996

Barkley Rosser writes:
> Adam Rose may be right that hoarding of inputs
> is ubiquitous in all bureaucratically planned command
> economies.

You have as usual managed to completely misunderstand my point.

The point was this characteristic ( each level in the bureaucratic hierarchy
hords labour + capital, and systematically lies to the level above, so that
they can cope if they're suddenly asked to double their output ) is typical
of the state bureuacracies in the USSR, China, Cuba, and ALSO of the massive
private bureuacracies of multinationals.

Both the USSR etc and the market system give rise to these bureaucracies which
have these characteristics.

Adam.

Adam Rose
SWP