Angela Davis

Louis N Proyect lnp3 at columbia.edu
Sat Aug 17 09:35:48 MDT 1996

Angela Davis is a leader of the Committees of Correspondence, a group that
I belong to as well with lots of reservations. She, Charlene Mitchell,
Herbert Aptheker and many other members of the CPUSA started the group in
the aftermath of a split in which the pro-Gus Hall faction supported the
coup against Gorbachev. The problem with the CofC is twofold: it adapts
much too much to the Democratic Party, and it doesn't have to seem a clue
how to relate to the new generation of Marxists that are popping up
everywhere, including this list.

Louis