A Changing Labor Movement and the condescending saviours bestir themselves.

Carrol Cox cbcox at rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu
Sun Aug 18 12:52:25 MDT 1996

    Why do some "Leninists" have so much trouble in remembering most
that Lenin ever said; it seems sometimes that I carry more Lenin loose
in my head than they have ever encountered.

    Lenin wrote a good deal on fighting for the rights of "Christian
Sects" (e.g., Baptists, Lutherans) in Orthodox Russia.

    He also had a fine crack on religion that cuts both ways. Someone
asked him what he thought of those who said "Communism was their
religion." His reply, roughly, was that it depended on whether they
were religious people moving towards communism or communists moving
towards religion. (He had in mind in particular, in reference to
the latter, those Bolsheviks who called themselves "God-Builders.")

    Certainly he would have approved of Doug's comments on pro-
working class clergy.

   Carrol