Zeynep's advice was Re: Australia - whats happening

Gary MacLennan g.maclennan at qut.edu.au
Tue Aug 20 22:22:50 MDT 1996

Zeynep's advice to us was very  sound.  Unfortunately I am not in the
postion to undertake the kind of work needed. Nor is there an organisation
that I am aware of that could follow thru on this.  The most obvious bribe
in the budget was the maintenace of the diesel fuel rebate which largely
benefits the mining companies.

On the question of what happens now the point is that the Left here is very
very weak.  It is easy to get carried away by the excitement of the
working-class striking back but there is no radical party which could build
on this. That could of course change if the struggle develops.

regards

Gary