Rum do's in the beast's back yard
m-14970 at mailbox.swipnet.se
Sat Aug 24 06:31:36 MDT 1996
Louis P objected to my analysis of Cuba and the Stalinist invasion of
Czechoslovakia without a single refutation of any part of what I'd written,
and added insult to injury by putting a very stupid and superficial
analysis of China in my mouth.
Let's look at Cuba, point by point:
* Date 1968.
* Economic situation in Cuba: up shit creek without a paddle (cf 1a).
* Voluntaristically (non)planned,
* non-centralized objectives rule,
* reinforced by non-statistics.
* 'Micro-faction' expulsions of 1967 get up Moscow's nose,
* leading it to respond in its usual charming Stalinist internationalist way
* by strangling the supply of oil
* and taking home its technical advisers
* in the spring of 1968.
(and the bits Louis didn't bother to quote:)
* this spring has come to be known as the Prague spring,
* things were happening everywhere
* Poor Che [he was a wonderful bloke, and how!] was dead in Bolivia,
* voluntaristically trying to create a hundred new Vietnams
* his image along with Mao's and Ho's was haunting the world.
* what better time for the Escalantes of the world and their minders to
* 'Shaft the workers of the world, Fidel me old sugarlump, [= Comandante
help us crush this worldwide revolutionary upsurge]
* and we'll turn on the oil again
* and send you some experts.'
* And Fidel said: 'Fair do's, guv, where do I sign?' [= Comandante Castro
* and went on telly to tell the world about it.
* This was *not* the occasion on which he said: 'History will absolve me.'
So come on Factoid-Man, there's enough propositions here for you to
demonstrate your oh-so-superior empirical and analytical skills on -- do
--- from list marxism at lists.village.virginia.edu ---
More information about the Marxism