An Open Letter to Spoon-Administration

Richard Bos Richard.Bos at hagcott.meganet.co.uk
Thu Aug 29 22:54:58 MDT 1996

Ang wrote:

> Vladimir,
> I am glad to see that you have received a response.  I hope you are hard at
> work and will add a postscript to your document which includes suggested
> possible resources for a list that is not under Spoons' control.  The only
> thing I can think of is that "geocities" apparently provides free web space
> for the asking and depending on the size provided might serve as a place for
> archived materials.  Some members on the list have geocitie web pages and so
> may have information on it.
>       Ang

Hello Angie,

We use a Geocities site. I do not think that they would be up for
providing more than 1 megabyte though, but it doesn't hurt to ask. It
could be argued that it fits in with the philosophy of creating "virtual
communities" that they espouse. The problem is that it would be even more
remote than it is now, and more chance of being turned off overnight. I
do not think that it is really the answer.

--
Best wishes,

Richard.