thanks Ken but no sweat

Scott Marshall Scott at rednet.org
Thu Feb 1 21:21:42 MST 1996

Ken,

I wasn't taking it personally, but thanks for the thought. I wouldn't even
play that way with people for whom I have no respect. People who take
themselves too seriously never get very far with working class folks. It's
not anti-intellectualism, it's a certain modesty and reliance on
collectivity. 'None of us is as smart as all of us.'

I'm exposed to a wide variety of thought on this list and I find myself
learning from people with whom I don't even agree very much on anything, but
I enjoy learning from those who can poke fun at themselves and who have a
little fun doing it.

Scott