Young Liberal Fascist (XII)

Kevin Cabral kcabral at freenet.columbus.oh.us
Fri Feb 9 19:07:39 MST 1996

On Fri, 9 Feb 1996 Godenas at aol.com wrote:

> Kevin, there is a country called India is South Asia (pop. ca 800 million,
> where, in the forties and fifties, the word of Stalin was practically deity.
>  The same is true of what used to be called Indochina.  The Marxist movements
> that develped in both Indonesia and the Philippine archipelego (both the PKP
> and the CPP) owed much of their revolutionary theory to Stalin.  Like it or
> not, Stalin was and remains a revolutionary source for much of humanity.

	I wasn't talking about the past, and I won't debate you on it as I
know little about the theoretical base of popular Indian politics in the
40s. But the whole point remains that you point to DPRK and Stalinism as a
revolutionary source for much of humanity. What is revolutionary about
Stalinism first of all, and how successful are these Stalinist movements
that you point to at bringing about peace, freedom, and the dictatorship of
the proletariat? Perhaps that would be a good place to start in your
defense of Stalinism..

> For those like yourself who are "organizing unions" (I've heard that one
> before), you can stick with your garden variety AFL-CIO middle-management
> types (now THERE'S a group that's doing a lot for the working class!).  I
> dare say that critical analyses of Stalin and Lenin belong on the marxism at
> least as much as Bernie Sanders, Jessie Jackson, and John Sweeney.

	That whole bunch was on C-SPAN tonight, I certainly hope you know
I'm not one of them. But don't think that I will be inclined to kiss Uncle
Joe's feet because of it. Nor will I sit around and contemplate the
revolution while fellow workers need health care, and money to pay the
rent. But of course Mr. Godenas has better things to do..

Kevin
Cols, Oh